8.14.2006

Weekend in Rio de Janeiro











Living in Sao Paulo is great, but there is nothing better than leaving to Rio de Janeiro for the weekend. I left on Thursday night with my french homie, Gaetan. After $30 bucks, and a six hour bus ride, we arrived in Rio de Janeiro at about 8 am. The weather was amazing. 80 degree Winters are the best. Even when I lived 2 blocks from the beach in Rio 5 years ago, I don't remember enjoying the beach this much. 3 consecutive days of eating, drinking, swimming and gazing at the Cariocas (native from Rio), was just what the doctor ordered. here are just some of the pics from that amazing trip. Thank you to Moema and her family for having me, and inviting us to father's day dinner. Thanks to Nicole and Serginho for showing us that distance and different cultures are not enough to keep love apart (they met when we studiesd there in 2001 and are getting married soon). and also thanks to the criminals for not ripping us off as we took a nap from 5 to 6 am on the steps of Lapa (also where Snoop and Pharrell filmed the video for "beautiful"). Obrigado Rio de Janeiro.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey dude,
nice pics, uploadin any new ones?
goin out a lot lately, tonite its goin to be the thai club, vila olimpia.... check out my blog, wouldnt mind a cross-reference on urs

phadrian said...

hey marcel,
nice page! I linked my site to yours: phadrian.blogspot.com
abracos Adrian