5.22.2008

Being Away

So, being away means, really being away. At least, thats how I think people really see it. Living abroad for 10 months really made me understand what being away means. Being away means not being able to run home real quick for some of my mom's cooking, or to catch a movie with my dad. Being away means not being able to eat a nacho bellgrande from taco bell. Being away means not being totally familiar with everything. Being away has meant missing your friends and missing everything you are used to doing.

So, here's the other thing about being away. Not only are you away in terms of what you experience, but you're away in terms of the way that people experience your friendship and love. Once you're home, you're accessible again, you are less scarce. There is the availability of you. YOu are less in demand, because you are closer. So now, being in LA, rather than in Mexico, makes me less scarce than X's friend who lives in Santa Barbara. Thanks. I feel better.

So, I decided to go away, because being back in Los Angeles means that I am missed and desired in mexico city. Here I come guys. your desires will last a week. trust me. i know.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ahh Marcel, you are forever missed on this side of the country....
The Robalinos